Monday, April 25, 2011

BROOKS??? PIURA??? that is so awesome!!!!! he is going to love it!

I got to the field on Tuesday early in the morning and we had interviews with the President and a little orientation on how everything works and we had Papa Johns pizza. It was the best pizza that I've ever had in my whole life. I can't believe how much I missed pizza haha. My companion is Elder Pop and he is from Guatemala. There are a lot of elders from Guatemala!! He has been out for about 3 months a little longer than me but all of his time has been out in the field. He is the best and a really good teacher!! At times he is a little direct but its what I need to hear and I don't like talking around the bush either. I learn better if it s direct. He is such a good example to me!! He has been sick before I came and he had to spend some time in the clinic for some stomach issues and he is still not all of the way better. However no matter what he still wants to work and that is something that I will take with me for the rest of my mission.

My zxone is olivar and I'm in the barrio Faucet. It is literally right next to the airport. We spent a lot of time getting to know the members and the members are the best!!! they love the missionaries so much and they have huge testimonies!!! We live with Hermano Pedro and his wife Hermana Gabi. Hermana Gabi is pregnant and she cooks amazing food.

I'm blessed that my companion is a hard worker and before I was his companion. He and his other comp. had quite a bit of success. We got to teach a little bit to the investigators that we have. And they are some people that want to be baptized but they need to get married first. That is a problem that comes up more often then not. But there is a joven who wants to be baptized on the 7 of may and hopefully his parents will get married so they can be baptized too. My Spanish is coming a long. Everyday I can understand more and more what people are saying and now I need to be able to talk and teach. We have a lot of time to study and this helps a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment